IEc provides remediation consulting services tailored to address the unique needs and interests of EPA’s partners throughout the hazardous waste site cleanup
process (e.g., tribes and states). Staff expertise includes risk assessment, contaminant and natural resource evaluations, remedial technologies and sampling methods,
Superfund/CERCLA policy, and regulatory support.
- Help inform and communicate clients’ positions on technical and procedural elements of the remedial process;
- Distill large volumes of highly technical information, with a focus on topics most relevant to clients’ priorities;
- Review and provide comments on technical documents, including work plans, risk assessments, remedial investigations and
feasibility studies (RI/FS), proposed plans, engineering evaluations/cost analyses (EE/CAs), and source control evaluations;
- Provide technical expertise on issues related to development of cleanup standards, alternatives evaluation,
dredging, capping, and disposal alternatives (including confined disposal facilities (CDFs) and confined aquatic disposal (CAD) cells).
- Prepare briefings and materials for technical meetings with partners including EPA’s National Remedy Review Board;
- Provide assistance for government-to-government consultations; and
- Serve as a link between remediation and NRDA work.