IEc provides clients including the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and state environmental
agencies with research, analysis, and communication support to advance green purchasing.
Sustainable products and services are increasing in demand from consumers and
institutional buyers, as well as federal and state governments. From construction
products to electronics to landscaping, people want certainty that their purchases are
environmentally sound, or at the least, the best choice from an environmental perspective.
Moreover, organizations are increasingly operating under increasingly rigorous green
Despite record interest in sustainable products and services, it can be very
difficult to easily identify truly green products, and products that comply with
institutional sustainable purchasing mandates.
- Analysis of green product and service voluntary consensus standards, including:
- Analysis of the environmental benefits and financial feasibility of procurement practices that utilize these standards; and
- Comparative analysis of green product and service standards.
- Research on the availability of information required to implement green
procurement mandates, and strategic planning for meeting mandates.
- Performance measurement and program evaluation
to support green procurement programs.
- Database development and web