IEc's scientific staff provide comprehensive and scientifically defensible analyses in a wide
variety of situations. IEc has worked nationally and internationally on evaluating biological and
ecological systems in a diverse range of ecosystems, such as rivers, lakes,
wetlands, coral reefs, oceans, forests, and deserts.
Areas of expertise include:
- Conservation biology;
- Community ecology;
- Population biology;
- Evolutionary ecology and biology; and
- Animal behavior.
Our analyses have focused on all
levels of biology and ecology, including:
- Reproductive success;
- Population dynamics; and
- Primary and secondary productivity.
IEc’s ecologists also have extensive experience designing and
conducting field and laboratory studies. Examples include:
- Contaminant exposure in invertebrates, fin- and
shellfish, birds, mammals, reptiles, and amphibians;
- Wetland productivity;
- Ecosystem recovery following forest fires;
- Groundwater contamination;
- Soil and sediment contamination; and
- Ecological constraints on isolated freshwater fish populations.